Where forth art thou?: Thanks Jennifer (from Blogger Support)!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thanks Jennifer (from Blogger Support)!

Update (02/01/07): For complete links to all stories, read this latest entry

Blogger Support has finally restored my site to the latest entry before it went down on 22nd February. I just want to take this opportunity to reiterate the message that another blogger has sent out: Tammy is fine.

I got a shock when I received the following email 3 days ago.

"Hi,

I'm Kx from MC News, colleague of By. I've heard rumours of Tammy committing suicide. Do you know any information? Hope you can shed some light to this issue. Thanks so much!

--
*[Names in the email have been edited based on request]"

I believe that if the Media stops reporting on Tammy NYP, the whole issue will cease to be salient. Why keep harping on old news? It's been a few weeks and the Media refuses to let go of Tammy. Move on and Let her move on. If you are really concerned about her and are afraid that she will do something silly, stop trying to dig up more information about her. The salience of any issue depends on the amount of attention that the Media puts and continues putting on it. I am sure you guys know that for a fact.

Maybe it's time to focus on something that affects all Singaporeans to a much greater degree instead. The elections are coming but there are many questions that are left unanswered. I read in an EDMW thread about this open letter to the prime minister asking about the cost price of HDB flats. The letter argued that in order to really help Singaporeans, some of whom are in debt because of the high price of housing and cost of living, there should be transparency in the pricing of HDB flats. I believe that most of the people who are reading the papers would be more concerned about this issue which will affect all of us for the long term. Maybe the papers should spend more of their time on such important issues than to continue harping on Tammy.