Where forth art thou?: I just want to make a point

Friday, September 09, 2005

I just want to make a point

Warning: Before you leave a comment, I suggest you read through this entry thoroughly so as not to make a fool of yourself.

I have decided to do away with pictures in this entry in order to force people (especially XX supporters) to ACTUALLY READ so that I can get my point across effectively (hopefully).

I realized very early on that the reason why majority of the so called XX supporters are siding blindly with her is that they do not actually read what she writes in her blog. I can't really blame them for not reading since her blog contains so many grammatical and spelling errors (For heaven's sake, she can't even form a proper sentence!) that people feel turned off and inclined to just look at the pictures and forget about the words. Because I know that pictures served as attention-getters, I posted up pictures I obtained from EDMW and my email to show the internet world what people actually thought of xiaxue.

I admit that the pictures are ugly but that is the point. People who actually read what Xiaxue writes think she is ugly and they show it through the various modifications that they made to pictures that she proudly made available for all to see. Pictures that she hope will attract more people to her site and which she used to her advantage in order to distract readers from the flaws in her character and her imperfect command of the English Language (If you proclaim yourself to be a writer, write like one. A writer does not make so many mistakes that he/she gives his/her editor a headache everytime the latter tries to make his/her article more readable. It is the responsibility of the writer to make sure that his/her work is of the best quality before presenting it to his/her audience).

If you actually READ what Xiaxue writes on her blog (by filtering out all the grammatical and spelling mistakes), you would discover that:

1) She writes without thinking
2) She's an extreme racist
3) She hates christians
4) She makes fun of other people and put them down so that she can feel good about herself (In addition to verbal assault, she photoshopped SPG's pics to make her breasts "more perfect" and Furong JieJie's pics to make her "look more attractive". Think carefully about this. Seriously, What are the implications?)
5) She thinks that the world revolves around her and her only
6) She thinks that only her point of view is right (She can't stand criticism and will delete any unfavorable comments so you will never get to hear the other side of the story aka the truth)

(The list is actually much longer but I am too lazy to type it out. You guys can add in more points and if I feel that they are suitable I will add them to this list)

If you want to argue with me about point 4 (and say that I am doing the exact same thing by posting up unsightly pictures of her that I gathered from the internet), read on first.

Yes, she does have the right to publish whatever she likes on her blog but she must understand that what she writes on her blog affect other people, especially when her traffic is so high. Did she care how Furong Jiejie will feel if the latter happens to chance upon her blog? Did she care what malaysians will feel when they read her entry on her KL trip? Did she care how malays will feel when they see her referring to them as "malay fuckers"? Did she care what Celest Chong will think from her unnecessary comments? Did Celest Chong or any of the victims in Xiaxue's blog ever offended her?

And most importantly, did she even care how the brands of sponsors that endorse her will be affected, given that she actually gets paid for the endorsement. People are going to associate brands that she endorse with her as a person. If she can't even carry the brand well, why should marketers even bother to pay her and end up being unwilling victims for the bad word of mouth?

If she doesn't even care how victims of her site feel (which goes to show how selfish she is), people are going to wonder why anyone should care how she feels.

Back to point 4, there are subtle differences between what I am doing here and what Xiaxue does on her site. It is akin to what robin hood does when he robs the rich to give to the poor. Robbing in itself is considered evil but put into an acceptable context becomes good. I am not saying that what I am doing here is honorable at all. You can see me as a good person or a bad person. I just want you to see Xiaxue for who she really is. Unlike Xiaxue, I do not censor comments so people can see multiple sides of the story and decide for themselves how they want to feel. If you hate me, there is no reason why you shouldn't hate her because this is all a parody.

I hope I made my point.

DISCLAIMER: YOU AGREE TO BEAR FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT POSTED BY YOU. THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE DOES NOT MONITOR OR EDIT THE CONTENT AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (1) ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INFRINGING, INACCURATE, OBSCENE, INDECENT, THREATENING, OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, TORTIOUS, OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, OR (2) ANY THIRD PARTY CONDUCT, TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA.

388 comments:

1 – 200 of 388   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

The Straits Times Forum 9 Sept

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,339700,00.html

Sept 9, 2005
Spare us these foul phrases

I BROWSED through a recent copy of MediaCorp Publishing's Lime magazine and was taken aback.

A monthly section dedicated to weblogs to watch out for mentioned one titled Top Rock (rockson.blogspot.com).

When I looked at the accompanying graphic, I was astonished to find several Hokkien expletives referring to male and female body parts in the text in fine print.
I then visited the website and, to my horror, most posts were laced with such vulgarities.

Although the weblog uses such phrases and presents a lighter side of life, it may offend readers. Our parents teach us from a young age not to spew these foul phrases as it reflects badly on one's upbringing.

Yet a local magazine, dedicated to teenagers, promotes such behaviour by encouraging its readers to check the site and even labels it 'hilarious'.

Another story in the same magazine pays tribute to celebrity blogger Wendy Cheng (xiaxue.blogspot.com).
No doubt she's Singapore's most popular blogger - who uses the 'f' word in her posts nonetheless.
Is it right to encourage teenagers to follow her style of writing to be popular like her? I beg to differ.

I'm sure there are better weblogs with more personal opinions and more depth out there.

I hope MediaCorp Publishing will take such views seriously and not joke about the usage of such unkind words just because they may sound funny.

Anonymous said...

nice write.

Anonymous said...

The above mentioned article on WC (Wendy Cheng)is featured in The Straits Times Forum - 9 Sept (Fri)

Anonymous said...

WC (Wendy Cheng) in the Straits Times Forum

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,339700,00.html

Anonymous said...

For some strange reasons, WC's (Wendy Cheng) circle of stooges including WC herself believe that that using profanities, vulgarities is cool??

They seem to believe that the longer the profanities one can string together, the "cooler" or "gifted" they are????? Amazing!!
http://botakgorrilla.blogspot.com/
http://lalalapom.blogspot.com/

It just reflects badly on their upbringing, and bring shame to their family...

And to the XX supporters, don't tell me that is not true...

Anonymous said...

the owner of botakgorrilla is a student of NUS. Faculty of Arts of Social Sciences. i am sad to say, i am from NUS. why am i sad? because i am actually in the same school, the same faculty as such an uncouth, gorilla? i wonder what must be going through his head whenever they write such nonsense.

Anonymous said...

I think such student is an insult to NUS. I suggest you write to the NUS Administration and highlight his blog for the appropriate disciplinary actions

MBF said...

Personally, i dont think anything's wrong with the F word. It doesnt mean sex, it just a signal of angry dismissal. As long as one refrains form saying it in real life, theres nothing wrong really.

AG said...

Contrary to what some of you have said, I do not think that vulgarities are uncouth - provided that they are used correctly. (What an oxymoron!) They are a way of expressing oneself and also a way of entertainment. Rockson uses vulgarity, but it is I believe intentional - and humorous.

However, when Miss WC wrote "Malay Fuckers" and the like, the negative connotation and the intention to hurt is apparent. And not funny at all.

Therein lays the difference of vulgarity in entertainment, and vulgarity in non-entertainment.

Also, I do not find the attacks against her family acceptable. Attack her all you want, she made the comments. But her family shouldn't have to shoulder the consequences of her incoherent ramblings.


XLX :

Since this is a hate site, I don't see the need for you to justify yourself to the evangelistic XX supporters - or anybody else. It takes away the fun in your malicious attacks against an even more malicious ah lian. ;)

Why is she more malicious than you are? Because she changes her blog posts when attacked, refuses to admit her mistakes, tries to act innocent when she's not, tries to wriggle out of any responsibility she bears for the words that she types, delete comments that she doesn't find to her liking, etc etc etc..

I applaud you!

Cheers. :)

Zer0 said...

When i started to read XX's blog, i liked it. Cox it was entertaining. Yet when i continued to follow her posts i began to think, Hm...ok her blog is still entertaining but i don't really like XX anymore.

Then the famous Kl post came in. That was it, althought true in some ways but it just shows the true XX. Bad bad.

Rock on XLX!!!.

Anonymous said...

Read through your whole blog, read through your comments. And I understand why you dislike her and why you set up this site.

Yet, I do not know your intentions of doing this. Yes, she may be detestable in many thousand ways, thereby causing her to have many haters. But people have flaws. And we can see where Xiaxue's flaws are. I'm very sure she knows where her mistakes lie, even though she doesn't correct them. But still, you really have no right to vandalise her pictures and to ruin her image.

Think about this. You can write so many examples about how other people will feel if they read Xiaxue's blog... how Furong jie jie feels if she happens to chance upon XX's blog... etc. As we all know, FRJJ's english site was set up by some imposter. And she knew about this when some guy contacted her. Do you think she likes seeing people posting pictures of herself and being described as some sex object?

If you can understand how FRJJ feels, then put yourself in XX's shoes, no matter how much you hate her. How would she feel if she sees her own pictures being vandalised? Let's say one day you become a famous blogger too. And someone decides to create a hate site because they hate you. And you see your own pictures being ruined etc etc. Do you like it? Will you feel good?

I believe that the readers who read her blog have their own judgement.I have a friend who seems to worship her. And on the other side of the spectrum, my sister doesn't like her.

I respect your opinion, but I have my reserves. This is just my two cents' worth so thank you for reading.

Anonymous said...

enough of all these toe-kissing XX fans. if XX was such a great person to begin why oh why would people dislike her?

Anonymous said...

In the end, isn't this blog set up to criticise her?

The idea is there, its negative, and you're no different from her then.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
enough of all these toe-kissing XX fans. if XX was such a great person to begin why oh why would people dislike her?

Fri Sep 09, 11:16:27 PM 2005


No one could ever possibly have the whole world liking them! Don't tell me no one dislikes u... or, oh, u have no clue that someone out there dislikes u just as u dislike XX! Invalid point u made.

Elsa Lim said...

xiaxue darn well knows and prides on the fact that her blog is read by the thousands, so she darn well better be responsible for what she says, for her blog isnt merely a blog that is written only for her circle of friends to read, but a public blog that represents a community.

she has put herself in a position where she carries a great responibility. with great (number of) readers comes great responsibility. unfortunately for her, she has totally misplaced it.

it is a disgrace that the malaysians have to condemn the whole of singapore just because of one ugly blogger such as xiaxue.

people don't hate for nothing, people hate for a reason. xiaxue should reflect upon herself why so many people out there hate her so much.

its fine for a girl to be a narcissist once in a while, but putting others down to make herself feel good is definitely unacceptable. it doesnt matter if the subject is a cambodian or such.
the fact that she did it does not change anything.

i'm glad that xlx took the initiative to set up this blog, to let us, the reading public, have a balanced view of things. do continue to rock on!

xiaxue, maybe you can kiss goodbye to "best asian blogger 2006" cos that honor is definitely going to someone more worthy like sarong party girl or rockson.

Anonymous said...

still, xx has fallen. as the saying goes: oh, how the mighty has fallen.

there is a flipside to everything. wanted to type more. but my eyes are really dry. keep wincing.

Anonymous said...

The manner in which WC blogs about attending functions where there are real celebrities e.g. fashion shows etc.. she comes across as a greedy little gal hungry for a bar of candy...sounds real desperate to the extent she wld die just to get into the high social circle...

unfortunately, its like a chicken trying to be a phoenix...pity

Anonymous said...

one of her common tricks when she gets critised on something inappropriate she has written is to brush it of as an intentional joke and the fact that the readers don't have a sense of humour...

try harder WC, u r an insult to the readers

Anonymous said...

XX writes "I can't even look at a person nowadays and not think that person dislikes me."

XX,

the good news is that its not ur imagination or u r paranoid, the bad news is of coz the general public does despise u.

american dream said...

90% anonymous comments. Hahaha. What a joke. All these self-righteous anonymous trolls... Bleah.

Anonymous said...

american dream?? keep dreaming... a typical WC worshipper

Anonymous said...

american dream, kissed XX's feet today yet?

Anonymous said...

i hate smokers, so do XX as she was in the anti-smoking campaign, american dream maybe u shd quit for XX sweetie's sake

Anonymous said...

u say she critises others. but by setting up this blog, u're no different.

anonymous so that they can say that they're not related to this junk.

Anonymous said...

i dont know. but i think u're one fucking slut urself.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I really hope XX goes away for good. Perhaps she should get a proper education or do something more fulfilling with her life.

Honestly though, you have to wonder how her parents brought her up to be so coarse and low-class. I thought the way she made fun of Fu Rong Jie Jie was a low blow, especially since XX has the same problem with one of her eyes moving in the wrong direction.

If someone were to set up a hate site against XLX, I'm sure XLX would be able to defend him/herself against attacks.

Anonymous said...

blogging is a freedom and what's the point of you writing all these? doesn't the 'supporters of xx' have eyes to see for themselves? you think they'd got no brains or what? and reflect on yourself too. go one corner and rot.

Anonymous said...

I used to enjoy reading xx's blog but afer a while, she just looks to me like an attention seeking blogger who blogs for the sake of putting up glitzy pictures of her rubbing shoulders with D listed celebrities, and how she know so and so celebrity, and the list goes on.

Yes, it's her blog and she can write all she wants. But as a 'celebrity' blogger of Singapore, she has the reponsbility of what making sure what she writes in her blog doesn't go overboard, like the KL trip entry.


The 'fame' got to her head, and now her head is way too big for her shoulders.

Anonymous said...

"... my brother, a 12 year old boy, being told to his face by secondary school students that his sister is a slut, while all he did was to be next-of-kin to me..."

If Osama 12-yr old kid bro was to walk through streets of New York, someone wld put a bullet through his head for what Osama's done..though no fault of the younger bro.

So y r u surprised that ur kid bro (though innocent) is being picked on for what u've done, writing offensive pieces..

I don't condone the sec sch kids actions to target ur bro, but hey, wat do u expect, this is the real world not ur blogsphere fantasy world where u think u reign queen

Anonymous said...

XX/WC,

Do ur family a favour, shut up.

AG said...

American Dream :

Why does it matter that they are anonymous? Does it make their points any less invalid?

Besides, why would you want to know their names? You probably wouldn't know them, or would ever get to know them anyways.

Even your name is a fake. I don't see the difference.

Anonymous said...

I totally agreed with the swearing part and I think Blinkymummy swears in her blog like she breathes in oxygen. She was from NUS as well and her parents are both teachers! SO?

Anonymous said...

Fucking well said. I have never liked Xiaxue and will never do.

Anonymous said...

All I can think of to say about the existance of your site is that you are way beyond shallow.

First of all, if you hate xiaxue so much. Why are you parasite-ing on the success of her site? Imagine, you actually dedicated a site just to condemn Xiaxue...

I'm not exactly a XX fan. But I admire her writing for it has attracted so much attention and publicity. Its quite a big thing.

As for you, you plainly have no life. Before you comment on Xiaxue's blog, think about yourself. Are you even on par with her bloggin or writing skills. I don't think you are anywhere there. Your blog is plainly teaching people on how to hate and disgrace people. At least XX dun do that on a daily basis or specifically aim it at a particular person...

Come on, this is a free world. If you don't like what she write. DON'T READ. Simple as that. Its because of people like you, bloggin is such a painful experience to many people out there.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the same applies to u?

"Come on, this is a free world. If you don't like what she write. DON'T READ."

FANNY said...

Jesus christ, its all actually a very simple issue, and everyone has to be a bitch about it.

Xiaxue fucking well knows when she goes mainstream things don't work the way it used to work anymore. There are 53205789275 times more eyes on her than before, and whatever she says will nevertheless cause unhappiness.

True, it is her blog and she can do whatever she wants with it. But she herself chose to get mainstream and all the publicity. She herself chose to allow other companies to endorse her. Nobody pointed a gun in her head and told her not to.

All this privilleges ends up getting her so publicized, I see almost EVERYFUCKIGNBODY blogging about her. She wants to be mainstream and get all the goodies, she has to swallow the shit that comes with it.

She can always change her blog address to something else so perhaps minus the publicity she wouldn't get herself into so much shit and then she herself bitches about it.

Oh, you could say she brought it all to herself.

lamer1 said...

ok. u are anti xiaxue. u gave ur plenty of reasons. then u are also anti kenny. anti spg. anti nikki. but still you major in anti-ing xx? then u tot steven lim n furongjiejie's bad too. so have u actually spare a feeling for them too? no what. so why are u condemning xx for criticising ppl? wat the...

Anonymous said...

Hmm now I got your point. Initially, I thought it's really mean of you to deface her. I meant it's quite enough to have a mean blogger, not someone else again who followed what she is doing to others. However, I really hate it when she writes without thinking. She should be more tactful for sure. Sure, writing how you feel and want is great, but spare a thought for someone.. if you think a person is ugly, u dun have have to blog about that! So yeah, I'm neutral to both sites now.

Anonymous said...

Just boycott all things that shortie, fugly xiaxue endorsed lmfao!

Anonymous said...

WIthin a week XX will reappear again saying that due to fans' undying support, she is now 'stronger' and will blog on for their sake ! I bet my life on that !

Anonymous said...

LOL yea yea those "fans" whom that xx refers to could be just ONE which is her sidekick, shuyin ROFLMAO

Anonymous said...

Tsk tsk you guys really suck. If you don't like her, just leave her alone. Publishing this stupid blog and degrading her is no way different from being retards.

Don't like her, leave her blog. So now, I'm gonna leave this blog forever. Continue sulking and complain how bad she is. Before you even say that she sucks, reflect on yourself first. Tsk tsk.. contradicting people..

Anonymous said...

The racist and anti-christian part are really just jokes. No wonder Singapore bans south park. Wht XX wrote is barely as crude as south park.

SPG is just a one time thing. She was mad at how guys only look at boobs than what's inside. It's not anything against her. The blog that the fake FRJJ setup attacked her first and she ws just making a joke out of the whole thing.

She actually beautify those photos when you defaced hers.

AG said...

The difference between Southpark and XX is that Southpark is funny. XX isn't. Don't give me the crap about me not having humor.

Another difference, the entire Southpark is a parody of American culture. They make fun of everything - including themselves.

XX makes fun of everything BUT herself.

When she beautifies the photos, it just means that she thinks they're ugly in the first place.

XLX is also beautifying XX's photos - albeit in a different light.

Yo said...

Bravo! Well said.

Anonymous said...

"blogging is a freedom and what's the point of you writing all these? doesn't the 'supporters of xx' have eyes to see for themselves? you think they'd got no brains or what? and reflect on yourself too. go one corner and rot."

I'm reflecting on myself deeply...and...reflect reflect reflect...and damn, you know what?
I'm really glad that I'm not a loser like Xiaxue.

I don't understand why the XX supporters keep on saying if you don't like her, leave her alone. Well if you don't like what's on this site, leave it alone. At least here XLX allows you to voice out your disapproval and doesn't tell you to go away.

With that comment above, you have just proved that you don't have much sense. If blogging is a freedom then why can't XLX have a blog? You might want to, you know, order some common sense off the internet, if it's not readily available where you are.

ning said...

Crystal. =)

Me said...

You wrote it all so well. It makes me want to cry.

donttheyhavebetterthingstodo said...

xlx: hating you is akin to hating xiaxue because its all a parody.

so we know xx is retarded, and you, setting this up and posting the way you do about her, is equally, if not, even more retarded don't you think?

Anonymous said...

"... my brother, a 12 year old boy, being told to his face by secondary school students that his sister is a slut, while all he did was to be next-of-kin to me..."

dun get it..her bro was told that his sis is a slut..not he himself is a slut..so ultimately she's e one being insulted not her bro..

jusstmiie said...

donttheyhavebetterthingstodo said...
xlx: hating you is akin to hating xiaxue because its all a parody.

so we know xx is retarded, and you, setting this up and posting the way you do about her, is equally, if not, even more retarded don't you think?

Sat Sep 10, 10:40:27 AM 2005

well said..
did xx even offend euu?
shes the victim of your blog now.
so if u dun care how victim of ur site feel ( which shows how selfish you are ), people are going to wonder why anyone should care how you feel.

fabz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karma said...

this is definately karma. xiaxue definately deserves every attention she's getting now. particularly, the bad ones. didn't she crave for more attention? now she's gotten it. so be glad for her! although it's the negative type of attention~

karma said...

those blind followers, should just die! they are oblivious to the fact that she's so full of herself. the fact that her pics are all photoshopped and the fact that she defaces others, why can't others do the same back? i don't see a reason why they couldn't.
rock on xialanxue. rock on!

WEI LIK said...

xx is a fat pig

kingoftears said...

what the FUCK?

didn't XLX say the pictures were done by EDMW, not him? If you got a beef with the pictures, diss them if you will, but please read first before scuttling to write your comments. fuckin' 'tards.

XX has no PR skills and all she's doing is trying to fulfil her 15 minutes of fame. Get real, hun. It's a one way street and you gotta play your cards right. Enjoy your z-list celebrity status while it lasts. step on the common man if you want to, but remember it's these people who give purpose to the term 'celebrity' in the first place.

as for XX's minions, please stop kissing her inflated posterior for a moment and actually read what she's writing. it's time to find another object of your masturbation fantasies.

btw xlx, which of her blog posts indicates that she hates christians? i have to read that.

Kirin said...

Like the writer said, he/she has no right to stop XX's freedom of speech, and EVERYONE have this rights.

So he can write whatever he wants, and it's up to you to read it or not.

My point is this (to the comments):
Don't come in here and start nagging this is right and wrong. If you think what he's expressing is wrong, why don't you start on XX first? She's the source of this HOO-HAA after all.

And let's not forget, she's a racist.

king of tears said...

"I'm not exactly a XX fan. But I admire her writing for it has attracted so much attention and publicity. Its quite a big thing. "

wow, so that's the reason you admire her? for attracting attention and publicity?

whore.

if you think that's a big thing, you're pathetic.

Anonymous said...

What is a media whore? Can someone explain?

AG said...

Basically a media whore is just an attention seeker.

Like XX, XLX, or any other people who just likes attention.

However, what distinguishes an attention seeker from a media whore is that a media whore is shameless and often, if not all the time whores herself/himself to the public.

I think.

TX said...

I am not a fan of XX. Seriously am not.
But just because she is famous, and her blog commands a high traffic does not mean that she has to watch what she writes. This is a BLOG for christ's sake. Its her life, her right.
Just because she is famous does not mean she has to write to suit public.
Maybe that is the reason why her blog is so refreshing.
So she hates christians, she writes about it.
So she hates furong jiejie, she writes about it.
So she had a bad experience in Malaysia, she writes about it.

Give her back her freedom and stop criticising.
Not everyone's perfect.
Perhaps you should take a step back and wonder just what are your hidden motives.
I do not believe this is an altruistic mission.

Then again, who am I to judge?

karma said...

as you guys said, it's her blog so why invade her blog. same thing, this is xlx's blog. ain't you guys invading it right now trying to justify what's wrong and what's right that no one can judge?
for godness sake, grow up.

kingoftears said...

> "But just because she is famous, and her blog commands a high traffic does not mean that she has to watch what she writes. This is a BLOG for christ's sake. Its her life, her right.
Just because she is famous does not mean she has to write to suit public.
Maybe that is the reason why her blog is so refreshing.
So she hates christians, she writes about it.
So she hates furong jiejie, she writes about it.
So she had a bad experience in Malaysia, she writes about it.

yes, technically it's her blog and she may have had the leeway to write her ravings freely, whether littered with vulgarities or not when she was still in obscurity. however, she has become, to our misfortune and in bad taste, the "face" of the Singaporean blogging community. And with that kind of, ahem, status, her blog has transformed into a different platform altogether.

Freedom of speech yes, but even that must be governed with civility and tactfulness. Freedom of speech is not a license or excuse to be reckless with your words. She has yet to realize that.

Anonymous said...

Know what? You can glorify or vilify her, but you can't ignore her. Here's to the crazy one, the one who is crazy enough to think she could get famous is the who failed to realise that her blog is an utter load of rubbish. Or crudely, verbal diarhoea.

It's ok and it's fine whatever she writes and her swaggering braggadocios however if she were to be crowned as a representative or model of some Singapore blogging or writers community, I think it's both ludicrous and ridiculous how can a no brainer talking shit could be put in such public status.

Russell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Russell said...

I was the previous anonymous (Sat Sep 10, 12:49:10 PM 2005). And by the way, this is not even "Freedom of Speech" in XX's case. It's merely a blog smattering rubbish, putting down others with no well-backed basis.

Just my opinion on XLX and XX bloggings. On the lighter side of the blogging kerfuffle, don't you people think it's like any forums or discussion boards where experience all kinds of flames or altercation? Well so long as you get yourself exposed to the internet, it's tantamount to the public that you voice out to. If you are undaunted by critics, then by all means write whatever you deem right and you are concerned about your own public image, I guess one should practice some wise self-restraint in words. Not to mention, the expletives.

So why am I here? I live a net life, it's my kind of enjoyment reading stuffs like these and I comment if I'm free. Both XX and XLX...they're hilarious.

Anonymous said...

isn't xialan a vulgarity? u, urself use vulgarities too. so what gives u the rite to speak ill of her this way

AG said...

The same right you're exercising when you criticise him for criticising her.

I'm sure you've said an expletive some time in your life.

No? Don't bluff!

Note : I'm not criticising you for criticising him for criticising her.
I'm just making a point.

Jason said...

Looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future. Indeed XX is a revolting individual, and should be put in her place.

Rockson on the otherhand is just a satire. Everyone knows he obviously isnt some uncouth ah beng at the other end. If you look carefully his posts are very witty and deal with social issues / current events in Singapore, as well as a big jab at our garmen.

XX on the otherhand is just a bitch, and the fact she's so proud of being called to the Singapore Writers Festival is just a humuliation to local writers.

Anonymous said...

Well pride always come before a fall so it's a matter of time to see xx go down.

Tx said...

King of Tears:
Another platform or not.
She is only human. Everyone's entitled to their own perspectives, and the way they want to lead their life.
I don't see the big hooha.

Her being the face of Singaporean bloggers does NOT necessary mean that all Singaporean bloggers are like her.

Thus, if people around feels that all Singaporeans are like XX, just because she is the face of Singapore's blogging community. Then THEY have serious issues.

Just like, Kenny Sia is the face of Malaysian bloggers, we should not think that ALL Malaysians are like him.

The world is not defined by the boundaries we live in.

She just so happen to be a Singaporean blogger, not a blogger FOR Singaporeans.

Yes I agree, she is tactless at times. But then again.
Everybody's flawed. Find me a perfect blog.

Anonymous said...

if xx's blog is read by 10 or 20 of your close friends and another 10 or 20 random visitors, thats fine.

but xx's blog is read by the THOUSANDS, and she KNOWS IT, so saying something irresponsible like that would lead to not much of a surprising consequence.

if i say country X sucks, no one gives a damn.

if LKY says country X sucks, there will be a controversy.

it works pretty much the same way for blogging. too bad XX, game over.

Tx said...

Then again, I think I should clarify this point.
I am NOT a fax of XX. So I am not one of her minions. (please..)
Purely neutral.
I totally enjoy all the pictures found in THIS site.

And yes, I think it is absolutely disgusting, to be photoshopping pictures to beautify themselves. (ala XX)

Big FAN!! said...

>Tx said...
>King of Tears:
>Another platform or not.
>She is only human. Everyone's >entitled to their own >perspectives, and the way they >want to lead their life.
>I don't see the big hooha.

>Her being the face of Singaporean >bloggers does NOT necessary mean >that all Singaporean bloggers are >like her.

>Thus, if people around feels that >all Singaporeans are like XX, >just because she is the face of >Singapore's blogging community. >Then THEY have serious issues.

>Just like, Kenny Sia is the face >of Malaysian bloggers, we should >not think that ALL Malaysians are >like him.

>The world is not defined by the >boundaries we live in.

>She just so happen to be a
>Singaporean blogger, not a >blogger FOR Singaporeans.

>Yes I agree, she is tactless at >times. But then again.
>Everybody's flawed. Find me a >perfect blog.

Sat Sep 10, 01:28:22 PM 2005

find you a perfect blog? sure! here's one!

http://www.rockson.blogspot.com
didnt take me that long to find

simplesandra said...

tx wrote: "I am not a fan of XX. Seriously am not.
But just because she is famous, and her blog commands a high traffic does not mean that she has to watch what she writes. This is a BLOG for christ's sake. Its her life, her right.
"

If WC has kept to just being a blogger, and if she's willing to properly defend what she writes (instead of hurling abuses from behind her barricade) then it might not have come down to this. However, she chose to be a "celebrity", a face and name that appears on endorsements, on radio talk shows, writers' workshops, and even (according to her) an anti-smoking campaign.

If she really wants to be a public figure, then she damn well know the responsibilities that come with it. =)

Streatwise said...

i'm a singaporean
Look at XX post Sept 03:-

"In here (UPDATE: Link taken out because fuckers do not deserve traffic, though I must say my blogders fought a brave war. Thanks, we win them hands down. =D)"

Funny? i did not support her even i did comment on sholin tiger blog.

She the one 'Freak Out ' when did i became her blogders to fight a brave war for her....i never support her for sure.

Real asshole !!!
if i ever meet her on the the street i will do the same calling her 'ASSHOLE '

Anonymous said...

WC (Wendy Cheng) is a piece of shit.

Anonymous said...

All WC was trying to do was to be intentionally controversial so as to drive traffic to her site hoping to get more endorsements knocking on her door...

Do u think she is really traumatized? It just her gimmick...play the victim here, tell her sob story, and later bounce back...its all too familiar..

She is now probably busy shopping and pub crawling, and still trying very hard to squeeze into the high social circle....

its not be too long before she comes back announcing to the world she is back ...and stronger (yawn, excuse me)..well,what's new..

SiaSia said...

7) She all time Attention Seeker and Energy Sucker


8) Her post misleading


9) Her post lack of maturity

Anonymous said...

Your blog got me thinking...

I was just wondering... besides you hating her and so you set up this site... are you actually jealous of her?

I mean, look at you. If I'm not wrong ( which I probably will be),you are a journalist. But possibly not a very popular one. And there, XX becomes popular coz of her blog and her writing is being praised.And there,XLX is upset because she probably hasn't gotten all that fame and limelight through her own writing ( whether good or bad)

So, a word of advice to you: Do not get so diffident... and I really hope you're not a journalist, because I expect better from one.

Smile always.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and actually I am not done yet.

You photoshop your photos... to what?

Other than because you hate her so you want to make her look ugly... perhaps there's more than meets the eye?

maybe ( just maybe) you actually wanted to be recognise for your photoshop skills ( Who says only XX can photoshop?)So that people can look at the ugly pics of XX and say " This XLX is a girl of substance! she can photoshop so well"... so that through this blog, you become well-known and take over XX to become Singapore's new no.1 blogger who can photoshop pictures.

And there you will begin to write opinionated entries ( since you yourself claim that you are opinionated) and possibly put up pictures of yourself too ( remember you place a picture of yourself once and took it down again. To praise you, you are actually quite pretty)

And there you go, being XX no.2 because you are actually acting like her without knowing it.

Alas, I am sad for you.

And again, I end, smile always.

Liz said...

I don't really agree with the purpose of your site, but at any rate, you write well.

I'm just ... neutral. Why are we all even bickering about it? ^^;; I mean, it doesn't really matter if XX or XLX are wrong or not, does it? As long as they're entertaining --- bad publicity is better than no publicity. And it looks like XX's traffic will probably increase from all this commotion...

Anonymous said...

to WC fans and so-called "neutral parties"... this blog is about XX & not about us. Nobody is jealous of her so-called "fame".. some write as if there is a conspiracy behind all these..

who cares about the so-called fame. The majority here r just readers who don't even blog. And to the others, blogging is a hobby, pastime..and most ppl don't even want to be known and rather remain anonymous. the situation is that ppl get offended & irritated by her.. Give her an inch, and she thinks she is ruler (pun intended)

Its WC who wants to be some kind of professional, celebrity blogger?? To make a living out of blogging?? Oh my, what is she thinking of?? Go get a real job, do some real work to earn a living and stop day dreaming..

the fact that she takes every opportunity to snap pics & blog abt expensive cars, bungalows, rub shoulders with real celebrities, only goes to show how pathetic and desperate she is...

Anonymous said...

"... my brother, a 12 year old boy, being told to his face by secondary school students that his sister is a slut, while all he did was to be next-of-kin to me..."

What do u expect? That they'll ask ur kid-bro for ur autograph???!!!

keizou kawaguchi said...

Anon:
"If I'm not wrong ( which I probably will be),you are a journalist. But possibly not a very popular one. And there, XX becomes popular coz of her blog and her writing is being praised.And there,XLX is upset because she probably hasn't gotten all that fame and limelight through her own writing ( whether good or bad)"

Maybe b'cos he/she is a journalist, it becomes a bigger eyesore when someone writes the way WC does--and gets rewarded for it.

Oh for the love of the written word... make her stop! =)

Anonymous said...

WC writes: "I can take shit, no problem."

Of coz she can, she is a piece of shit.

Anonymous said...

WC: "I can't even look at a person nowadays and not think that person dislikes me."
Don't think, its a fact - PPL DISLIKE U.

WC: "Why do you people even hate me so much?"
Ask urself.

WC: "Don't go so low as to attack the kind people who has warranted to be on my blog"
Kind ppl? Ur friends like urself r just too eager & desperate to be in the limelight

And here's a piece of advice:
Don't be yourself...Your personality sucks.

sheena said...

Well, you guys have to see that it IS true that xx did say she was not critisizing KL as a whole, but HER KL trip.

malay fuckers dun mean she was scolding all malays, but the fuckers who are well, malay.

SPG hoo-ha was to show that beauty aint skin deep.. and she was just voicing her views about guys liking her blindly just cause she 'provides' nude pics.

and many times she mentioned that she is not anti-christian, but rather, anti-evangelising at the wrong time. and ya, SOME irritating people who keep pestering others about their religion.

i am not a xx fan, but i thought that actually she DID take responsibility by saying that she is not generalising etc..(disclaimers) and i think now, what this site does very successfully is to mask some readers into thinking that she was just shooting her mouth off without thinking.

i think that she does actually put thought into what she writes.. just that she blogs in a 'younger' and angsty way than Miyagi and Mr Brown. which is kind of expected for her age...

to be such a popular blogger, i am sure she did not achieve all these just by shooting her mouth off. i am sure more matured readers can see the difference for themselves between a blogger who thinks, and a blogger who doesnt. she DOES.

in fact, xlx is a thinker too. but yeah, it is abit too much to poke fun directly at xx this way, causing others to turn against her too(via 'misinterpretation apparently'). becuz if u do not agree with her, its just you.

i am indeed getting tired of all these mugslinging in the blogosphere. it really brings down the reputation of blogging.. and blogging now just doesnt seem like the good ol' fun anymore.

non-xx readers who come here will be led on to think that xx indeed was this bad, so called under the influence of misinformation. i suggest that we really read INTO what she is trying to say, the message she is bring across.. because she uses mediums like the different incidents to tell you what she has to say.

in fact, it is just like making u enjoy a choco-coated apple, while taking in the goodness of what the apple itself can bring us.

just like how u'll feel if ur mother was insulted to be a whore or anything else nasty for that that matter, don;t bring in the family. cause the family is actually affected too. not just her, even though she is the one being 'attacked'

surely you do not like to be called a son of a bitch, even tho the comment is meant for you.

i am NOT a xx fan. just a objective reader.

*i betcha, there are more people who like xx than this blog here, so go figure what that means.*

Anonymous said...

WC : "For all these, I am going to take a hiatus from blogging."

Our recommendation: Pls go into permanent retirement.

american dream said...

Thank god for the Indo blogosphere, where bloggers and readers encourage one another instead of trying to bring down the famous ones out of jealousy.

american dream said...

Maybe you are not aware of it, but the SG blogosphere has garnered a reputation of it's own..of the fastest and most vicious yet cowardly trolls who sneer at your own people.

*shrugs* It has been an unhappy place recently and the image of Singaporeans as a whole frays fast in the international blogosphere..

Anonymous said...

So this is the kind of attitude a journalist puts up...

How "impressive".

Just the typical I-am-very-opinionated-and-I-cannot-stand-another-who-is-like-me.

-.-"

*yawn* said...

sheena, I think most people have nothing against XX or anyone "sharing her angst" on her blog. It's just the way she goes about grabbing attention, her excessive use of profanities, and most of all, the way she treats her critics with utmost contempt, even when they try to be polite and reasonable.

Personally, I've commented a few times in her blog with regards to some of the things she said, and I believe I had been VERY civil about it. But instead of giving a proper rebuttal, she simply deleted my comments, as she does with most others.

This is usually her idea of "rebuttal", as taken from one of her entries:

"SO MANY FUCKING STUPID PEOPLE READING MY BLOG AH? I cannot take it - if you are the serious sort who gets angry over STUPID THINGS, then please fuck off.
Now stupid and serious people, please fuck off. Go on. Don't add to my readership now, for that will only make me more arrogant, no?"

Some of the flak WC gets is over-the-top, that I'll admit, but until WC starts to see why she's so hated in the local blogsphere, she's just going to get this sort of treatment.

And if you ask me, I don't see why she doesn't deserve it.

* i betcha, there are more people who like xx than this blog here, so go figure what that means.

There are those who dislike WC even though they don't visit this blog, fyi. =)

*yawn* said...

american dream wrote: "Thank god for the Indo blogosphere, where bloggers and readers encourage one another instead of trying to bring down the famous ones out of jealousy. "

Good for Indo bloggers and readers than. Unfortunately, some local bloggers like WC are only interested in putting down readers by removing their comments--however sensible they are--and generalising them as fuckwits.

Others are just doing unto WC what she's been doing to readers/critics.

Anonymous said...

american dream,

"Thank god for the Indo blogosphere"???

Hmmm...I can understand y u wld rather live in a virtual blogsphere coz the real world Indonesia is the most corrupted place on earth from top to bottom..

George Bush said...

i am anti XX, thats for sure. but i think that maybe this war is not fought on a level playing field?

for starters, one of them is an anonymous? who is XLX in person? that, i (and i'm sure many people) would like to know.

Kierra said...

I do find Xiaxue somehow, entertaining. However, I do not agree with her opinions all the time.

And of 'cos I won't follow her blindly. Even if I'm blind, I won't follow her either. She's not god, you know?

But one thing for sure is that, Xiaxue has an identity. But you don't.

Yes, you don't need an identity to bring someone down, to upset a person. In fact, doing it annoymously would be convenient.

But it doesn't make you a better person comparing to Xiaxue.

Anonymous said...

sheena "objective" reader

I am not sure if u r real dumb, has a poor grasp of the English language or r u a xx fan without u realizing it urself coz it appears u read her blog with rose tinted glasses:

"malay fuckers dun mean she was scolding all malays, but the fuckers who are well, malay."

In whatever way u read this, literally or otherwise, it is generalization - a racist remark. Duh

"i think that she does actually put thought into what she writes.."

R u sure? Then y wld she criticize professional models who look so much better than her (unless of coz if she doesn't hv a mirror at hm)without any rhyme or reason??

One must be thinking she writes with her ass instead of using half a brain these days..

Anonymous said...

To: Jessica Foo

"But it doesn't make you a better person comparing to Xiaxue."

Agree. Nobody thinks xlx is a better person. But u r missing the point. the fact that xlx is no better doesn't make a difference to y ppl hate WC.

PS. And if i were u with your looks, I won't be posting comments with the pic (alternatively, ask WC or xlx to photoshop ur pic b4 posting it up)

Anonymous said...

George Bush, shouldn't you be trying to salvage the tatters of your administration after the fiasco in New Orleans?

WC is probably laughing away now at how she suckered her supporters into giving her sympathy.

XLX, WC's supporters are just trying to force your hand to get you to reveal more about yourself.

Kierra said...

To Annoymous,

I'm sure you are worse looking than me. Or at least, I've an identity.

=)

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a song by Prodigy-Breathe

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear anonymous, looks like u are an exact replica of Xiaxue.

"PS. And if i were u with your looks, I won't be posting comments with the pic (alternatively, ask WC or xlx to photoshop ur pic b4 posting it up)"

You are very fond of personal attacks, arent you? To me, you are no different from XX. If u are brave enough, show us who u really are and stop hiding behind the computer. I bet u dare not.

xialanxue said...

To the anonymous reader who said:

"You photoshop your photos... to what?

Other than because you hate her so you want to make her look ugly... perhaps there's more than meets the eye? ...

maybe ( just maybe) you actually wanted to be recognise for your photoshop skills ( Who says only XX can photoshop?) ..."


*sigh* People should learn to read...

american dream said...

"american dream,

"Thank god for the Indo blogosphere"???

Hmmm...I can understand y u wld rather live in a virtual blogsphere coz the real world Indonesia is the most corrupted place on earth from top to bottom.."

Good Lord, are you guys Singaporeans?

Anonymous said...

To XX supporters: Tell her that nobody cares if she wants to shoot her mouth off and disgrace herself, but when she makes racist remarks about people of other nationalities she is casting Sporeans as a whole in bad light !

american dream said...

*yawn*: I guess WC really ruined your life by deleting your comments.

Roger said...

I'm going to make this disgusting blog and the views of you so called 1st world civilians known on the global blogosphere, if that's the last thing i do.

And i will make sure i find out who you are, XLX. Trust me, it's not that difficult.

Anonymous said...

Hey xialanxue...

You hear what that roger guy says?

And people should learn to use their brains... tsk tsk.

Anonymous said...

Anyway roger,

Go for it. I support you!

bsjj said...

Did Celest Chong or any of the victims in Xiaxue's blog ever offended her?

Shouldn't it be Have Celest Chong or any of the victims in Xiaxue's blog ever offended her?


so much for you writing grammatically correct entries...

Anonymous said...

"If u are brave enough, show us who u really are and stop hiding behind the computer. I bet u dare not."

errr...and who is this??

Anonymous said...

Jessica Foo

I think Dear Anonymous has his/her point about ur looks :)

Just speaking the truth..

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

let's not get distracted, the common enemy is WC :)

Anonymous said...

"Hey guys,

let's not get distracted, the common enemy is WC :) "

Then why don't you go to XX's blog and tell the XX haters that the common enemy is Xialanxue instead?

Duh.

Anonymous said...

american dream,

Is that ur real pic? R u indonesian? U got a chinese last name but u look ang-moh..

Is ur dad or mom white? or u dun know????

Anonymous said...

WC LOVES PUBLICITY...TO HER, BAD PUBLICITY IS BETTER THAN NO PUBLICITY :)

Anonymous said...

"Then why don't you go to XX's blog and tell the XX haters that the common enemy is Xialanxue instead?

Duh."

To the joker that post this, i think his/her logic is screwed.

Obviously XX haters hate XX, how wld xlx come into the picture?

Duh..

Anonymous said...

Roger writes
"And i will make sure i find out who you are, XLX. Trust me, it's not that difficult."

XLX, WOW...I believe u r supposed to be scared... :)

Hey Roger,
R u going to seek mr.policeman's assistance just like WC did when her site got hacked?

Geeze...and WC thinks the police force got nothing better to do than to help her track the hacker?? What was she thinking??? Oh well, probably another of her publicity gimmick..

birdie said...

noone's dead or dying. why the hoo-ha.

Anonymous said...

Yes and we shall all veer off track. Speaking of which, let us all drool over american dream's user pic.

No seriously. WC=Wendy Cheng=Water Closet=Toilet.

Anonymous said...

= a piece of shit

Anonymous said...

way to go!

Anonymous said...

roger roger...
arent you pathetic?
go back to xiaxue.blogspot.com where you belong alright?
talking big wont get you anywhere.
try exposing xlx first eh?

DUH~

kissed any feet lately?

*guffaws

Anonymous said...

to the person who wrote this:

"Obviously XX haters hate XX, how wld xlx come into the picture?"

I'm just playing around with words.
The person said the common enemy is XX in XLX's blog. And he told it to XLX's haters.

So I asked him to go to XX's blog to tell XX haters that the common enemy is XLX.

Now get it?

DUH.

Euphoriax said...

Yup, I totally agree with you. Especially when she is Asia's(not just Singapore) most famous blogger, she is already representing Singapore. She has a duty to bring forth the welfare of our mother country, instead of ranting unnecessarily(which she can freely do so in a private blog) in a blog where people from all around the world read.

Anonymous said...

I love how people can never stay on the topic and hold a proper discussion. It's like as if every thread has a percentage chance of veering off track or degenerating into threats and pointless insults.

I worry for the future of the human race.

sheena said...

*yawn* said about my quote:

"* i betcha, there are more people who like xx than this blog here, so go figure what that means.

There are those who dislike WC even though they don't visit this blog, fyi. =) "

WELL, there are people who like xx and do not come by here too.

some anon said about my quote:

"malay fuckers dun mean she was scolding all malays, but the fuckers who are well, malay."

In whatever way u read this, literally or otherwise, it is generalization - a racist remark. Duh

sorry, i think you are the one with bad english. did you learn sets and venn diagrams in sec school?

Fuckers can be: chinese malay indian singh angmoh etc.

but she was just referring to the fuckers who happened to be malay.

i am sure if she went to china/india etc and got equally bad experiences there by their people, she would say chinese/indian fuckers respectively.

also, xlx is talking about xx not having responsibility. so please spare ms jessica foo on those insults and have some responsibility on others' feelings as well, as she is just giving her two cents worth.

before replying to this, please note: i never said xx was right in picking on others' looks as well. but you cannot do just the thing u think is wrong aint it? especially to soemone who is just damn innocent.

he killed her, does that mean u can kill him too? JUST BECAUSE he killed her?

and i repeat, i know jolly well i am not a xx fan. i am just feeling 'not bad' cause a SINGAPOREAN made it to the top.. being the best asian blogger.

Anonymous said...

"So I asked him to go to XX's blog to tell XX haters that the common enemy is XLX.

Now get it?"

Logic is screwed...try harder next time :)

DAWN said...

" american dream said...
Thank god for the Indo blogosphere, where bloggers and readers encourage one another instead of trying to bring down the famous ones out of jealousy.

Sat Sep 10, 04:43:39 PM 2005


To american dream:

thank god for the indo blogosphere? Yeah I'm sure you love the indo blogosphere, cause in reality Indonesia is totally corrupted.

Anonymous said...

*gasps and *clutches pearls* Roger...please don't tell me you're...going to bring the GLOBAL BLOGOSPHERE into this! I can't imagine the effect it would have on the millions and millions of bloggers out there...it might just affect them so much that the blogosphere will simply explode into shock! Think man, before you unleash your awesome power upon the world!

Seriously, all of this wouldn't have started if WC was actually smart and pretty. We would then all be bowled over by her charm and wit.

euphoriax, just because some people in Singapore know of WC doesn't make her Asia's most famous blogger. You don't seem to realise how many countries there are in Asia, and how many blog in their own language eg Furong Jie Jie.

lil said...

2 wrongs does NOT make a right

Anonymous said...

"but she was just referring to the fuckers who happened to be malay

i am sure if she went to china/india etc and got equally bad experiences there by their people, she would say chinese/indian fuckers respectively."

So??? R u dumb or blind?? its still a racist remark u idiot

Anonymous said...

Whoa Roger...we r very scared of u...pls...pls..spare us!!!! :) Moron

doom said...

time for your medication, Sheena

Anonymous said...

xlx wanna qi hong. now she got wat she wants la. u all damm stupid la.

karma said...

*GASP*
XIAXUE LOVER ALERT!
hmmm.. try pulling us out one by one then. ROGER.

Anonymous said...

so why are you qi hong-ing with us now?

wat a dumbass....

Anonymous said...

"*GASP*
XIAXUE LOVER ALERT!"

Nah, Roger is WC's pet doggie...

Roger..go fetch that underwear...

Anonymous said...

Good boy, Roger

Anonymous said...

Pls get a life ..everyone. stop blogging. stop blogging today. stop reading blogs.

.......... said...

This is getting more and more.....
....

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY SUPPORT XIALANXUE! XIA XUE SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!HATE HER. SO FUCK FACE ..HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

i didnt even made any comments to qi hong la ... don't be crazy la... i only pass by here... cos heard of it la... now pass by 2nd time cos i wanna see if anyone will curse me for saying wat i said la... my guess is right!

speak for yourself la. emo cow.

Anonymous said...

I believed xia xue's blogging days gonna be over soon...I guess at the start she was interesting and "different" but after she got her fame,she ultimately dug her own grave but being too poseurish and arrogant for her own good and making her blog more interesting at the expense of insulting others and so on. She needs to be brought down to earth.

Anonymous said...

to the person who thinks that having photoshop skills means being a person of substance: I can see why you are a supporter of WC if you think that photoshop skills= substance.

And as many have pointed out, just because it's her blog doesn't mean she can write whatever she wants. Incidentally, if you are such a champion of the freedom of speech, you would realise that the doctrine is only of value because people can criticise what you say. According to the doctrine, truth will then emerge because you either defend yourselves against the criticism, and your statements and stand thus becoming stronger OR if what you say doesn't make sense, it gets destroyed.

So when WC deletes comments, there is no 'freedom of speech' as such.

Kierra said...

Shallow annoymous people...

I've never said that I'm pretty and I don't think my "looks" offended you in any ways.

What is the point of targeting of my not-at-all-pretty face?

Anonymous said...

Used to be a fan of XX until she proved that fame got to her head and made it swell so big it couldn't fit thru the door of sensitivity.

attacking Christians , malays and KL as a whole sure as heck does not give her much credibility to her actual sanity level.

when you got a bad opinion of something controversial, why not just blog it privately and exclusive to those with a password or something? maybe just give access to like-minded biased people? and not let everybody read it and get respectively angry/influenced/confused.

XX knew she had lots of readers, most of them impressionable teenagers who think that her use of profanity, attacking religion,country and race on a public platform is okay and the standard per se for bloggers. its like she's the sine qua non for blogging inspiration. like hello? wake up little boys and girls!

for example, i may be some racist(towards chinese people, perhaps) but i sure as hell don't write it publicly and in full view of everybody to see!

stupid is as stupid does.

Anonymous said...

When I started reading her earlier posts, I found it rather entertaining even though the whole PINK layout was rather glaring.

As time wore on, she began to wear on my nerves. Her posts started to get more crude and rude each time, not to mention the lack of substance in her writing and her consistent boasting of being a "world-famous" blogger. IF someone were to read HER blog, they would have a few reactions.

1) WHAT IN THE WORLD IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?!

2) Damn bimbo.

3) Singaporean? -Smirk-

Her 269 aggregate in her PSLE has done her no favor in her writing. I can't be more horrified to think if she is made ambassador for Singapore through her writings.

Her writings are filled with expletives, photos with phony smiles and boasts. There's a difference between self-confidence and arrogance. Can't she tell the difference? Perhaps she's too bimbotic to realise. Or maybe she's just young.

Will the press STOP using her as a good example of a great writer? She is NOT a good representative of a writer. No content, no thought process and downright RUDE! Just rambling trying to gain a few more sympathy votes.

A Babe in Toyland (singleserves.blogspot.com) writes better than her a million times. Probably she's not published because of the sexual content. But at least, it ain't rude and it's completely her life. So is SPG.

XX = Bah.

Chrissy said...

Hey! Well i think this is extremely entertaining. Well XX is oh so blahh but her blog's hilarious for all the wrong reasons which still makes it a WTF 5 minute read, haha. People can write whatever they feel like it in their blogs, so who cares, but it's best not to bitch especially if you do not look the part.It's usually the 5/10 lookers that bitch too much.
XLX's kinda like way to go dude!!...we're all just reading blogs, so chilllll pill y'all.

will-do-xx-for-a-dollar said...

She's ugly, she's disgusting. Worse still, she's downright fuckin' stupid. But I'll have sex with her nonetheless. As I'm sure all of you guys dissin' her out here will. Wankers.

will-do-xx-for-a-dollar said...

"Donate some money to me lah, please, I am such a poor blogger. Surely you pay for the books you read right? Donate lah, tolong tolong..."

Dear XiaXue,
I've gotta dollar to donate, come get it.

From,
You Know Who.

*yawn* said...

american dream wrote: "*yawn*: I guess WC really ruined your life by deleting your comments."

Not sure abt you, but I'm not that theatrical. The only thing she ruined was her own accountability.

WC's blog was an interesting read at first, but guess she's not very good at managing her sudden rise to fame/infamy.

melissa said...

what did xiaxue ever did to you then? why did you set up a blog out to slime her?
sure celest chong didnt offend xiaxue. did xiaxue offend YOU?
sadly, no. dont act all righteous and say tt xiaxue is actually so bitchy and inconsiderate towards pple's feeling.
YOU are too.
ever thot of xiaxue's feelings when you set this up?
you listed out so many flaws on her blog. is it so hard fer her to jez blog and let pple read abt her life, her feelings. if you think tt she needs to think twice before saying everything of the slightest sensitivity to anyone,
tt's what i call a lousy and fake blogger.
so no, you dont make a point in your dumb entry.

Shallow Anon Guy said...

Dear Jessica Foo, I think you are gorgeous ! ASGM ?

melissa said...

Euphoriax said...
Yup, I totally agree with you. Especially when she is Asia's(not just Singapore) most famous blogger, she is already representing Singapore. She has a duty to bring forth the welfare of our mother country, instead of ranting unnecessarily(which she can freely do so in a private blog) in a blog where people from all around the world read.

-this is THE WORST comment ever to be said.
-hello?
-she's a blogger
-she blogs
-it's not her fault she won the stupid awards
-it's not her fault pple all over the world WANTS to read her blog entries
-she didnt win the award becos she represents the country and all tt jazz
-she was who she was and she still is.
-but apparently she is not allowed to cos she is so popular now
-you gotta be some kinda freaky geek to say tt an award-winning blog shud have PERFECT ENGLISH, propaganda-ish entries and promoting courtesy to everybody around the world.
-gosh.
-SHUT UP.

Alily said...

'she was who she was and she still is' -Melissa

Oh. So you mean, she started blogging at the age of 19 and till now, she still uses her immature, stupid, dumb 19-year-old technique? She's still the same what! So she still have a 19-yer-old teen mindset lor!

Alily said...

And oooh Melissa! I don't think that's the worst comment EVER.

donttheyhavebetterthingstodo said...

two wrongs don't make a right. people can be their own judge, they don't need another online persona to tell them whats right or wrong, and even though xx has been obnoxious, discriminating and insulting, i don't think your actions are pretty damn justified. why do you even expect people to donate to this site? really, don't you have better things to do?
i'm just thinking its so odd that raising blood levels of xiaxue, kennysia etc gives you such kicks. do you even know them personally? i think you lead a pretty empty existence.
can you please enlighten me, how does setting up this site and insulting bloggers YOU personally don't like benefit the world or the economy? i'd reckon it satiates only your personal warped and perverse desires.

AG said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. you guys are hilarious!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't hate XX. What for?

I just think that she's a hypocrite who deletes comments that offends her, while all the while crying and whingeing about free speech. Not to mention racist and all the above poins mentioned.

For those who said XX haters should go to XX's blog to leave comments... You try leaving a nice rational and non-nasty comment that disagrees with her. Then start your timer and see how long it takes before she deletes it.

Wheeeee~~~~~ This is fun!!!

Russell said...

Well folks, I think this is what's happening. Actually, blog wars, inter-blogs altercations, whatever we're going to call that is everywhere. Not alone Singapore. You also get similar things when a bunch PC bloggers don't quite agree with a Mac blogger. So XX Vs. XLX is but another example of this very exciting blogosphere cat-fight. It gets interesting when you get so bored and you wanna read something..."funny" just to liven up your day. Just like a coffee-shop fight. You want to "kay poh" isn't it? You can't ignore it, you want to know the progress and what's the latest wrangling and so many people got involved. Hilariously interesting. If you aren't bothered by the excitement, you wouldn't be posting.

But what I can see here is, I suppose the majority wants XX's blog shut down for one reason perhaps, she is taking advantage of others or let's just say success at other's expense. In such a way that she stooped up to disparaging write-ups by attacking people. Well it's her freedom but are her contents well-backed? Still, it's fine really, considering it's just a blog however, if this is (which is already) brought to a "national level" such that she's representing SINGAPORE, GOSH, it's damaging the image of Singapore, the citizens and just think about it, "Is that all Singapore has? That kind of intelligence?" Now you get the drift.

Why do you think she's hanging around with Miyagi and some other columnist? To steal some share of publicity, fame through these people. She's not a writer, not really qualified. So, is she now or has she ever been?

She had unwittingly admitted her ignorant. In her own blog, she noted; "He is really ridiculously smart and knowledgable, except I can't give any examples because half the time he was talking about tech/political stuff I didn't fully comprehend, but I know enough to know he is quite the genius." That's Cory Doctorow. Now that says a lot about being a "bimbo". Sorry, but I really think so. So, many people thinks that she don't deserve all these "appraisement" especially by the press. It's not jealousy but it's irksome to know that. Hence, now we see throngs of XX haters taking this XLX blog as a "communication center" that everybody knows XX comes around.

I think XLX blog is good in this sense that since XX blog is not willing to publish comments on the contents and her behavior, well it's natural that XLX becomes the voice of XX haters. However, it will be a good thing if XLX could refrain from the posting doctored pictures of XX as this "magnum opus" is getting way out of hands that might discredit your stance against XX. If you understand what I'm saying. All you need to do is to quote her obnoxious write-ups with your view in contrast to what she says. The media will soon have a good read and that's how we create this "mechanism" of countering another blog that reaches to the media and disseminate widely. In short, to expose and destroy. I have read most of her postings, I know her capability. So, if this is your "endeavor" then this be the feasible, civilized maybe.

She is using contents that are not very intelligent (not that she's writing about some scientific discoveries or political revelations) or at least interesting contents that doesn't have to take advantage of derogatory.

AG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AG said...

Oh well. Maybe we can have guest writers for XLX's blog?

But I think if XLX stops posting photoshopped pictures, the whole site can stop oredi. Because people come here mainly to see them.

What would be good is if XLX can give us both photoshopped pictures and "quote her obnoxious write-ups with your view in contrast to what she says. The media will soon have a good read and that's how we create this "mechanism" of countering another blog that reaches to the media and disseminate widely."

btw russell, MAC 4ever! :P

Anonymous said...

To american dream said...
90% anonymous comments. Hahaha. What a joke. All these self-righteous anonymous trolls... Bleah.


As if signing in as "american dream" is much better than "anonymous"

Kierra said...

Alot of people kept saying that Xiaxue hurt or affected someone from her blog.

But who?

Did Furong Jiejie say she was hurt? Even the SPG took the edited picture with humour.

Get a life.

She didn't hurt anyone.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you too Jessica.

This has been discussed so much that it resembles a dried up menopausal virgin. You guys keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

Plus veering off track with personal attacks and self-righteous comments.

Yeah wopee. Your thoughts are so fucking important.

AG said...

Well Jessica, how come everybody's so pissed of if she didn't hurt anyone?

When she said "Malay Fuckers" you think no malays would be hurt? When she said "KL sucks" you don't think anybody would be hurt?

If it was your picture she photoshopped, would you be hurt?

If you're a KL person reading her blog, would you be hurt?

If you say no to the above...

Either

1) You're lying.

2) You're a really emotionless person.

3) You can't be bothered with XX

4) All of the above - which sadly isnt the case for the rest of the blogsphere.

Anonymous said...

CHEEBYE lAH!! thAT EFRAME IS A HYPOCRITE!!! ephraim.blogspot.com

*yawn* said...

melissa wrote: "-it's not her fault she won the stupid awards"

It's her fault that she takes every opportunity to boast about it and hope to get more publicity/endorsements from them; it's also her fault that her writing then took on a more offending tone in hope of getting attention--and then whine about the sort of treatment she gets when she should've anticipated it in the first place.

Her fans insist that she's a strong-willed girl. Well, if she's that "strong", she'd be putting up a credibly defense against her crticis, instead of just deleting their comments and then whine all over her blog. Her fans, of course, won't know; they'll think everyone's unjustly abusing her, 'cos no one gets to see how well-aruged some of those comments were.

And if you still think she's just a typical blogger, why did she have to go as far as making a police report (and taking pictures of her at the police post etc) and then have the press cover her when her blog allegedly got hacked (try reading THAT entry; she even wanted her news to be on the front pages)? WC--being a seasoned blogger--should know that her blog isn't hosted locally, so what can the local police do about it anyway?

Ecommerce websites, I can understanding, but her "personal" blog?

So please, I'm sick and tired of hearing all these "its her blog / she's only a blogger" excuses. WC ceased to be just a mere "popular/successful blogger" the day she started courting publicity beyond the wired world.


Jessica, so u think WC never hurts anyone on her blog? Well what about that poor national serviceman who gave her instructions to the nearest MRT station, the same guy whom she refers to as "CB KIA" on her blog simply because she took 15mins to get there while it only took five minutes for him? How would he feel if he read that?

No, WC doesn't hurt others on her blog--she only talks down to them...

Yeah right.

Kierra said...

In the first place, why bother about Xiaxue?

Why should I be filled with emotions for what she has written?

When she say Malay fuckers, it meant the fucker who touched her. (Who happened to be a Malay) She didn't say all Malays are fuckers.

Why are you so pissed with her?

You happened to be a Malay? From KL? Or have you got any pictures with XX?

If XX were to photoshop my picture, I think it's all with good humour. I secretly wished that I'll be slimer and prettier after her works.

Kierra said...

Indeed, if I'm XX, I'll be equally pissed with that CB Kia. In the first place, if he has not given the wrong information, I'm sure XX wouldn't even remember him.

Cherubic Super Star said...

Hey XiaLanXue,

Was wondering if you would reveal your face here?

Just like xiaxue, at least we can recognise her on the streets, no matter whether we love or hate her.

So yah, hope that you can show ur own face so that supporters (or not) can recognise you on the streets?

:)

AG said...

Sigh.

Really, I'm not pissed. I'm just stating facts.

"Well Jessica, how come everybody's so pissed off if she didn't hurt anyone?

When she said "Malay Fuckers" you think no malays would be hurt? When she said "KL sucks" you don't think anybody would be hurt?

If it was your picture she photoshopped, would you be hurt?

If you're a KL person reading her blog, would you be hurt?

If you say no to the above...

Either

1) You're lying.

2) You're a really emotionless person.

3) You can't be bothered with XX

4) All of the above - which sadly isnt the case for the rest of the blogsphere."

Read it carefully, nowhere in my comments have I ever said that I was pissed. I was just replying to your comments.

To answer your question, no I'm not malay and no, I'm not from KL. But I have friends from there who are pissed.

Why bother about XX? Honestly? I'm not, I'm just here for fun and to join in the discussion.

So you belong to the 4th category. You don't give a damn about her. Just because you don't doesn't mean that other people don't as well. So while I applaud you for your sense of humor and tolerance, I also think you should see beyond the narrow scape that is your world.

Anonymous said...

Jessica FooL ... the more you speak here, the more foolish we think you are. Xiaxue has hurt too many ppl, I remembered one very dreadful post she wrote about the cab-snatcher. Cursing her teenage bf to be impotent etc. How evil!

AG said...

"Indeed, if I'm XX, I'll be equally pissed with that CB Kia. In the first place, if he has not given the wrong information, I'm sure XX wouldn't even remember him."

Wrong information? What is considered wrong? Did he point her to Jurong when she wanted to go Pasir Ris?

Is it his fault that he takes only 5 minutes to get there and therefore thinks it is 5 minutes away when XX has to hobble her way there in her platform shoes in fifteen minutes?

So you're saying he deserves to be called a CD kia for being fitter and faster than XX?

Jen said...

hello? since when people took blogging for real? I suggest u guys should write in to the newspapers THEN u can get more attention.

80% comments here sound like people sucking up to this xialanxue that does not even have a proper identity. the other 20% make a point there i guess?

AG said...

wah. dowan lah. later tio flame like the ephraim guy.

Jen is stupid said...

To Jen:

We are not here to suck up to xlx, and we dun see a need to do so.

Does an identity makes ur comments more valid? No!

And as if 'Jen' is an identity.. wat abt my new identity then?

Anonymous said...

hmm Jessica likes to whine and complain. Fellow compatriot of the piece of shit?

Ah Jessica, gas yourself, riding on this board in the hopes of gaining a teeny weeny bit of popularity ain't working.

Anonymous said...

i think you're really free to write all these about XX. if you hate her and can't be bothered then why bother with this blog in the first place.

you don't even know XX (not like i do) but in life, you shouldn't JUDGE.

people should just read XX's blog with an open heart and not be affected. take it as a joke. quit being so baby and take everything so seriously. THIS will kill.

*yawn* said...

jessica wrote: "Indeed, if I'm XX, I'll be equally pissed with that CB Kia. In the first place, if he has not given the wrong information, I'm sure XX wouldn't even remember him. "

What makes u (or WC) so sure that he gave the wrong info? How "far" is relative to how "fast" one can walk. WC may not be as "mobile" as the guy assumed she was, but that doesn't mean he lied. =)

Anonymous said...

Anon: "People should just read XX's blog with an open heart and not be affected. take it as a joke. quit being so baby and take everything so seriously. THIS will kill. "

Yeah, wendy's blog has become a joke, but not the funny kind. If it were even a wee bit funny, people wouldn't be reacting the way they do. fyi, some of the comments people left on her blog were funny and witty, but look how wendy responded to them? who's being the baby here?

lola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

and joking at the expense of everyone else, except herself and her so-called friends??
it is SO not funny aite.
and who are you to judge wat's a joke and wat's an insult or sarcasm?
quit acting "grown up", kiddie!

xialanxue said...

hello everybody, i just want you to know that xialanxue is not a person, not an individual human being. not xialanxue is not.

what xialanxue is - is a SYMBOL!! a "GOVERNMENT"!! a PLATFORM for xiaxue haters!! xialanxue is the SAVIER of Blogom City!!

Anonymous said...

dear xiaxue honey, when your blog is THIS famous, its not entirely "your" blog anymore. the sad truth.

Jux said...

"As for you, you plainly have no life. Before you comment on Xiaxue's blog, think about yourself. Are you even on par with her bloggin or writing skills. "

Are you even listening to yourself?? Writing skills?! My 3 year old niece speaks better english than XX. Not that I'm against people who don't have the proper command of the language. Her so-called "writing-skills" are nothing to be proud of unless she's catering to a certain amount of dipshits who can't tell the difference, like you, who seem to think otherwise.

whha? said...

why r certain posts deleted? xialanxue?

Sam said...

bullshits. if there is something called freedom of speech. just try dissing our MM or PM. Then you will know what is freedom of speech. Please XX supporters, get some life , if you think that it is freedom of speech , ask her to diss the top politician in sg, i would gladly forward the post to the authorities. see if freedom of speech still exist then.

wake up you moron , in singapore you cannot just say what you want. maybe you can but not on the political side. and maybe because of this SG IS NOT A PLACE OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

AG said...

The posts weren't deleted by XLX, but by the authors themselves. -_-" If XLX wanted to delete those comments, you wouldn't see the "remains"

Russell said...

You don't need good command of English or even Impeccable English to post sensible stuffs in your blog. Not to mention, with grasp of the language doesn't mean you can think sensibly. It's all up there, not the keyboard. Duh!

Anonymous said...

19 yrs old ppl don't necessary have to be childish.

Anonymous said...

don't need to sensitive and emotional la. sensitivity kills people sometimes. just read and forget about it la~~~~~~~~~

Cherubic Super Star said...

oh come on Xialanxue, you're too modest.

if there is anything i can say abt XX, at least she put up a face for whatever she said, good or bad.

you could be a group of people, or an individual. just put up ur face for what u believe in, like xiaxue.

if not, u're not even worth her, and u will disappoint people who support ur blog.

king of tears said...

tx:
"She is only human. Everyone's entitled to their own perspectives, and the way they want to lead their life."

yes, she is only human (though some would beg to differ). she IS entitled to her own perspective and etcetera, just as we are entitled to discuss the hamhanded manner she chooses to portray herself in her blog.

"Her being the face of Singaporean bloggers does NOT necessary mean that all Singaporean bloggers are like her. "

correct, but did you know she was selected as one of the speakers during the Singapore Writer's Festival? what does that say? hello? her appearance alone gives a face to the relative anonymity of the blogging community.

look at how osama has spurred hate-crimes all over the US after September 11, or the Abu Ghraib mess. it is a extreme comparison yes, but the negative connotations that come when xx becomes a public figure of the singaporean blogging community are manifold, as the number of detractors that come to this site can attest to.

the rub is that if a potty-mouthed vapid airhead, who spends more time posting up photoshopped photos of herself and her minions than readworthy blog entries, can be catapaulted into the forefront of the blogging community isn't really saying much about the rest. Fine writing becomes secondary and the purpose of blogging merely becomes a contest of more hits than the next xx-clone.

i daresay some part of her blog's traffic are bemused readers who come to see the latest episode of the tragicomedy that is her life.

king of tears said...

to anonymous, who posted Sat Sep 10, 03:19 PM and 03:29 PM 2005:

you journalistic genius you, please learn to get your facts right before you start commenting. XLX did not photoshop the photos, the people at EDMW did. don't know what EDMW is? do some proper journalistic digging eh?

i'm sorry, but when i read your entry i just had to laugh. ]

"And there, XX becomes popular coz of her blog and her writing is being praised."

xx writing being praised? did that journalist inside you waiting to come out read somewhere that her writing is being praised? oh my. i hope you haven't been reading the comments on her blog to give you an idea of her writing abilities, or worse yet, *gasp* her actual entries? poor dear.

can't wait to see some of the stuff you'll be contributing to our local media!

king of tears said...

oh yeah, i forgot to end off, smile always =)

AG said...

*kowtows to King of Tears*

king of tears said...

american dream:

welcome to singapore.

yes we are all vicious, ladder-climbing, insanely-jealous backstabbers who will stop at nothing to ensure no one gets too big for their britches when they get more than 3,000 unique visitors a day.

of course, this has been become our daily manifesto to live life to. maybe we should learn from the "Indo blogosphere" where we can actually be encouraging each other. yes that is entirely something to thank god for, and thank you for being entirely pointless.

*shrugs*

sweeping statements, anyone?

king of tears said...

to will-do-xx-for-a-dollar:

"She's ugly, she's disgusting. Worse still, she's downright fuckin' stupid. But I'll have sex with her nonetheless. As I'm sure all of you guys dissin' her out here will. Wankers."

sorry, i'm not led by a rampaging trouser-snake. and excuse me? willing to do xx for a dollar? don't *you* actually have to pay for sex, not vice-versa?

stick to masturbation, boyo.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 388   Newer› Newest»